Sunday, June 21, 2009

My encounter with a cockroach

It was this morning while I was in the bath that our gaze met, though we can't see eye to eye, and we both froze - in fear. It was the six legged brown apparition that suddenly appears on most indian household walls at odd hours - the cockroach. I inched towards the corner of the wall and tried to shoe it away with the waive of my hand but to no avail. Perhaps, it took my waive to be a friendly hi ! I looked around for a weapon to protect myself- shampoo bottles, feet scraper, shower gels but then realised that the creature had wings and if I threw something at it, it could just take off and come too close for comfort. So, I skipped the idea. Instead, I stretched to the further end of the counter to retrieve a tissue paper. I squashed the creature with a tissue (ha!) without an iota of remorse.But it deftly slipped away and I was left squashing thin air and feeling like a fool. I don't know how they can preordain our gestures but I am convinced that these creatures are sharper than me. As if, sensing my feelings, it disappeared on its own volition into maybe, one of the crevices on the bathroom walls and I heaved a sigh of relief.

2 comments:

  1. Hurrah!! Glad it just went away... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. whooo chachi...my feelingz translated soooo well...hahaa----ashmita

    ReplyDelete